Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wii

Well, for those of you who have a Wii, you will know what I am talking about. When you have Wii Fit and you turn on your board, it will then ask you to stand on it. At this time it will state "measuring" several times. This is what I felt like today. Doing a remodel all on your own is just asking for crazy amounts of measuring. You have to be all the different types of contractors at once. When the plumber comes in he is only concerned with what he has to put in and if things are in order. I found that a outside wall stud is right where I want to put my tub fill valve and spout. But fortunately the shower valve and head fit right between two studs. Yet as I think about it, it is unknown to me where the stud will fall for the toilet supply until I demo the shower. Also today I found that the vent fans will fit perfect next to the ceiling trusses. I am not complaining as I am enjoying this and am saving a lot of money. But this is just some examples why the so called DIY'er gets into so much trouble. They don't have the experience and may think things are going to be easy but have overlooked the typical unknowns. I'm not saying that I know it all, but my experiences sure do trigger some of those key questions and direct me to look into areas of the unknown. Oh, just came to me! Got to go measure/pre-plan the electric plug for under the sink! Almost forgot, for real! See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment