Monday, March 1, 2010

Tent Heaven!


When you say that you are going somewhere, people wonder where you are going to stay. If you told them that you were going to stay in a hotel they would think you are normal right? Well as many of you know, I am not normal. I have made many things my humble abode over my 28 years of existence including: hotels, tents, automobiles, the starry sky, and even a cardboard box in the middle of the redwoods with a glow-stick as a nightlight. This week my home is a tent trailer. Some people would say that staying in a tent pop-up trailer is just ludicrous; but I find it a great compromise. The tent trailer upon first appearance looks ridiculously undersized when parked next to diesel pusher motor homes and Eddies RV. But once the top pops up and the ends are pulled out, suddenly you aren’t that little. And when you stay at a rv park with all the amenities; you have the best of all worlds. We have cable tv, a microwave, kitchen, radio, two queen beds, and a bathroom with no privacy! What more could one ask for? If we pushed the trailer with a diesel truck we could even say we had a "diesel pusher". So though it is not as custom as a cardboard shack, nor does it compare to the Hilton; it does make you feel almost adventurist. Would I ever want to own one? Maybe, or I could just pitch my tent in the backyard and take the door off my bathroom; same thing.

1 comment:

  1. I've been camping in "conventional" houses for years! Now stick yer head outta yer tent and wish me a good morning!

    ReplyDelete