Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Digging to China!


Today I started digging my sewer drain line. I dug for a few hours and saw the kayos first hand of our sewer line. When we bought our home we were required to get a video view of our sewer line to purchase the house. When we watched it, it seemed to snake all over the place out towards the ally. Well it does. It runs right, left, right, right, and who knows where. Luckily I am replacing it; this is just waiting to clog. It is all the old Orangeburg pipe (also known as "fiber conduit"). Back before we bought the house the previous owners hired some people to put a new drain line in; but apparently they did not go that far. So after a few hours of digging, Morgan and I decided that we will be renting a small excavator tomorrow and I will be digging all day. Thank God for heavy equipment.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be sure to roll by and laugh at you this afternoon! Wednesday 4 p.m. Over-The-Hump Ride.

    ReplyDelete