Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bamboo


Today I was in search of this magnificent bamboo tree. I wanted something that was roughly one and a quarter inches in diameter and at least six feet tall. Also I was looking for a piece that was straight and not twisted. I asked my wise friend were I could find such a breed and he shouted “up on that grassy hill!” So I trekked of into the woods looking for this prized grove of bamboo three inches in diameter and forty feet tall. When I arrived to the destination I found bamboo the size of my pinky. I was so disappointed. With all the eradication as of late it has become impossible to find good sized bamboo. My journey ended today as a failure but tomorrow I have some secret intel on some good locations of some giants. What do I need this bamboo for? Well I have been instructed on stick stretching. It is a form of passive stretching where the stick becomes the stability and or support while the stretching is being performed. It not only will support and balance you as you try to find your centre, but it also lets you reach to new levels of balance. One friend mentioned that a closet pole would work, ha ha ha. But where is the style and grace in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment