Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sewer repair.


Today I spent eight hours on a mini excavator digging up my whole backyard. I have ditches and holes everywhere. There is roughly 160 feet of ditches ranging from 2 feet to just over 3 feet deep. I have dug the ditch from next to the house all the way straight back to the fence in the alley. This will house my sewer line. I also dug a ditch for power to the garage and for gas to the house. And if ditches were not enough I had 12 tree stumps to remove, one concreted in pole, two concreted in fence posts, and about 15 feet of retaining wall. The trees varied from the ones that I could have kicked out to some real buggers. The last one was a old walnut tree with a stump showing roughly 18” in diameter. This one took several sawzalling attempts at some tree sized roots and a bunch of prying with the bucket. It finally came out and then it was so big I almost got the tractor stuck in place because of it! I also took out the pole that the satellite dish was on; so no tv. But before I took the dish off the pole I took its bearing with my built in electronic compass in my fancy watch. When I pulled the cap off the fence and stuck it up there, I took a reading and lined it up, went inside and to my amassment the satellite worked! Well eight hours on the tractor was probably worth over a hundred or two digging by hand; not to mention I am not soar. Definitely worth it!

1 comment:

  1. just wanna comment on this one that its really well written and I enjoyed reading this. Sewer Repair Baltimore MD

    ReplyDelete