Monday, March 29, 2010

The Future.

When I was born my parents started a college fund for me. Well, as most of you know I am pregnant. Ha, of course Morgan is the one pregnant, but I am still showing more than she is. So anyway, I would like to also start a college fund for our child. When I was born my family pitched in a little money and the pot was building. From what my mom tells me, this is how it grew: good grades, birthdays, graduations, and any time there was extra money. Throghout the years the money sat in a CD and gained interest and extra deposits. I did not really care about it growing up because I was a kid and it wasn't my money and what is college? Of course when she told me she put money in it I was excited but forgot about it the next minute. But when I turned 18 and was given the money to use for colleg, you bet I was very greatfull. As some of you know I spent many years going to Shasta College back when it was cheep and even a couple of classes at National University at a cheap price. I did not spend a lot of money on college and all said and done used the rest of the money for Morgan and I to get into our home. Now that we are having a child I am very excited to open a account for it when it is born and putting in money for the future. My mom gave me a savings bond that she purchased in 1991 for me, and this was very special to me and made Morgan and I think about how someone cares about there child even when they dont show appreciation for it. So now Morgan and I have started the caring, and of course the child does not. Ah a parents life.

No comments:

Post a Comment