Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Half-way cut.


I new it was going to be a battle to get the wall cut without some special high dollar tool that only someone who does this all the time would have. It took me a couple different tools of my own to get the cut done. I still need to cut the bottom and top plates. I also need to smooth out the cuts that I made. I also removed the cast iron vent pipe. That was not easy. I beat on it with my framing hammer. It took a little bit to get the first part removed. Then from there it came out pretty easy. Next I wanted to remove the piece below the floor. This took about 20min of constant hammering, prying, and saying good things to it. At the end the pipe came out and I could barely hold the hammer. Well, now you can see the roof through the absent ceiling, the pipe is gone, and I don’t have a plumbers crack. Don’t forget, if you want to see the pictures full sized, just click on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment