Thursday, April 1, 2010

(1+1)x(4+1)x(4/4) = X


This is a algebraic equation that I found out the answer today by acting it out in real life. To find out “x” you must first know what the other numbers really stand for. The first set of numbers are my Honda Element added to my neighbors trailer. Then you multiply this by four yards of PG&E Sand added with one shovel. Finally multiply that by four trips in four hours. What “x” becomes is 11,200lbs of PG&E sand. I asked how much it would have been if I had just paid them to haul and dump the sand at my house and he said it would be $60! I only paid $108.24 for the sand; why would I pay more 55% of that towards hauling. So today I came up with another equation; my hourly rate. $60 dollars divided by four hours is $15/hour. Not bad for a days work. Now all that sand needs to make it in the ditches!

No comments:

Post a Comment