Sunday, April 11, 2010

Artichoke Heavan!


I ventured into a local Holiday Market the other day and noticed giant artichoke’s. I went over too see how much they were and to my surprise they were two for $4! I picked out two that I liked and took them home. Since the artichoke is essentially a type of flower; I placed it in a normal 1 liter beer glass to show off its mass. I have come accustomed to steaming my artichokes rather than boiling them. I find that it cooks faster and more of the nutrients stay in. I also learned that the center of the stem is edible. If you cut the stem in half long-ways; you will see that it looks like a bone. It has an outer layer and an inner layer of “marrow” that is edible and tastes like the heart. This was a epic artichoke feast well worth the effort!

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved the artichoke because it is a wonderful mayonnaise conveyance system!

    ReplyDelete