Thursday, May 6, 2010

Metal -vs- Plastic

In the endeavor to get my bathroom done; I had to make another big purchase today. I purchased more copper pipe and fittings. With the new law to get rid of lead free brass in California; plumbers have been forced to use copper again to plumb houses. There was once a superior way to plumb house using a flexible pipe that used a brass fitting and lock ring. It was perfect! Now we are forced to either use a inferior product or revert back to all copper. The biggest drawback to this is the price. We are talking $1.19/ft vs $.35/ft for ½”! Yes the fittings are expensive but when you eliminate most if not all of the 90s the money saving is significant! Now my plumbing will be a crazy hybrid of both only obtainable from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment