Saturday, May 15, 2010

No Leaks!


I have spent my days off of work now completing the hot and cold water lines for the bathroom. As some of you know, last week the copper pipes that are in the wall gave me quite the struggle. But after a day lying on my back listening to the radio; I completed the maze that is called the bathroom plumbing. There were several things that I had to consider when building this system. I have integrated the supply lines for the tankless water heater just outside the wall, need to leave room for the sewer lines to connect to the main, and I also wanted to be able to be able to crawl under the pipes. But the main design was to give adequate size for volume but small enough that the hot water would get to the faucet the quickest. I have a recirculation pump for the hot water to have instant hot water at all the fixtures; but due to the size of the house and the frequency of hot water use, I would rather not use it. But after a day of the water being on, I am happy to say that out of the 105 joints soldered (yes I counted) I have not one leak! Another job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment