Sunday, February 21, 2010

68er Cyclocross Debut.


Today I debuted my 68er cyclocross bike. It is built from a stock 1999 Voodoo Hoodoo mountain bike. I have changed the bars, seat, clip-less peddles, 32/17 non-singulater gearing, passed down on-loan cross fork, mavic ma-40 700cc wheel with a 44cm dirt tire on the front and stock rear wheel with new 1.8" KENDA tire on the rear(won today for winning age group). This is called a 68er vs. the traditional 69er because the front tire only measures 28" and not 29". Since I shed the front shock, gears, and all other none essential components; the bike went from a 32lb stocker to a race bread 23lbs!

The bike rode flawlessly today! The course was filled with a full length bmx track, pavement trails, two creek crossings, several slippery corners, and a long slippery muddy root filled back stretch that took you up a slight grade of misery! The bike took everything I gave to it. Every slippery corner was met with a predictable slide. I could not have asked for a better bike for todays race.

I rode to a sixth place finish in B-class. I won my age group and singlespeed categorys, and thankfully beat all the ladies. I would like to thank all my sponsers: Seely's Cyclery, Bikes Etc., San Fran Cup, and the Web Foot Riders! Without all these people, I would not be here today. Ride On.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you would be here my friend, you just wouldn't be kickin' it the real cyclists of Shasta Co. P.S. I have confirmed my suspicion, that is Jimmy Osmond!

    ReplyDelete