Friday, June 4, 2010

6 miles


This evening the clouds broke and the sun peeked through. I had a spur of the moment idea. I took off my flip-flops and replaced them with my running shoes and socks. These shoes are no stranger to pounding the pavement as they started life running in my 2003 Academy. I trekked off toward the infamous Sundial Bridge. As I stepped on to the bridge I was struck with beautiful post rain fog blanketing the river. I made my way past the few others enjoying the weather to the trail that leads up the ½ mile trail up to the top of the bluffs to Hilltop. Two miles and a hill were behind me with four and quarter more to go. Running through town is refreshing because you can see the character up close that makes up your town. I made my way across the Cypress Bridge and through my neighborhood to my house. I had just completed 6.25 miles in 55 minutes and I felt great. Now what do you do after this? Stretch, drink some water/electrolyte drink, and take a shower… Well how about putting on some swim trunks and driving over to the river and sitting in the water for a little over 6 min. Well that is what I did and it felt great. A great end to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment