Monday, June 14, 2010

42 Tiles


Late last night thanks to the compassion of my neighbors I finished cutting and laying all 42 tiles in our bathroom at 10:15pm. Today I awoke to see that not one tile had moved during my sleep. No they aren’t supposed to move but weirder things have been know to happen on this earth. So after all the shims were removed and the grout lines had been cleaned and inspected for any flaws; it was time to grout. Mixing the grout was just like all the many times I had done before. But the one thing that was different was that this tile was 5/8” thick. And with approx. 1/4” grout lines, this equals a lot of grout. It requires a lot more force to get the grout fully down into the lines fully and evenly and then scrape it off. After it was done I cleaned up and waited a half hour to set up and then removed all the excess. Then waited again another little bit to do the final wiping. Just in case you have never done grout before, the final wiping takes forever! The goal is a haze free tile. So now that I have written on about as long as it took me to do the tile, today is over. Now I look pretty and am off to Morgan’s ballet recital. You should see the excitement in these words that I am speaking. You don’t, too bad.

1 comment: